GLOBUS 2019/2020: Northern Italy Escape (KIM)
8 days from Milan to Lake Como
Call (215) 494-6059 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14594359
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 12/31/2019
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Milan||Welcome to Milan! At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions for a welcome dinner at your hotel. (D)|
|Day 2||Venice Island||Follow your Local Guide for a walking tour. Visit the SFORZESCO CASTLE GROUNDS and the impressive PIAZZA DUOMO with its magnificent gothic cathedral, the glass-domed GALLERIA, and the famous La Scala Opera House. Depart the flat Po area and turn towards the Adriatic Coast and Venice, a magnet for romantics and art lovers from around the globe. (B)|
|Day 3||Venice Island||Take a PRIVATE BOAT and join your Local Guide for a walking tour. Highlights include ST. MARK'S SQUARE with its Byzantine BASILICA and lavish DOGES' PALACE with the BRIDGE OF SIGHS. Watch a skilled GLASSBLOWER fashion delicate objects in an age-old traditional manner. (B,D)|
|Day 4||Parma||Stop in Modena's delightful town center. Visit PIAZZA GRANDE, the main square and see the famous Ghirlandina Tower. Afterwards, learn about one of Italy's most famous local products during [LF] a BALSAMIC VINEGAR TASTING and light lunch. Continue on to Parma, world-famous for its prosciutto and parmesan cheese. (B,L)|
|Day 5||Turin||Explore the university city with a Local Guide. Admire the romanesque buildings, the Teatro Regio, the magnificent Palazzo della Pilotta, and the cathedral, famous for its frescoes. Next is Turin, capital of Piedmont and birthplace of the Fiat automobile. Tonight is your chance to try one of Turin's fine restaurants. (B)|
|Day 6||Lake Como||Admire the amazing 548-foot-high Mole Antonelliana, symbol of Turin, during your guided sightseeing. Walk through the historic center to visit the CATHEDRAL, which houses the Holy Shroud. Drive to Lake Como, where you will stay for two nights. (B)|
|Day 7||Lake Como||Lake Como is regarded as one of Europe's most beautiful lakes and has attracted many aristocrats and celebrities to reside in one of the many villas that line the lakeshore. Follow your Tour Director for an orientation walk through the pretty center of Como. This afternoon, you may wish to join an optional excursion to make the most of your stay. Later, a farewell dinner is prepared for you at your hotel to celebrate your Italian vacation. (B,D)|
|Day 8||Lake Como||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (The nearest airport is Milan.) (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person in single, double, or triple room occupancy.The single supplement waiver and single room capacity is limited, please call for availability.All Escapes by Globus tours and departures are excluded from the following Globus discounts: Book Early & Save, Welcome Back Credit, Second Tour discount and Small Group discount. Extra nights per person in Milan: in single room from $95 to $366, in twin from $95 to $205, in triple from $95 to $179Extra nights per person in Como: in single room $138, in twin $113, in triple $96
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).